Senior Lab Tech (Accessioning / Extraction) – RTP Biotech – Direct Hire
Our client, a Durham-based biotech company that is developing cutting edge diagnostics based on a precision oncology platform, has an immediate need for an experienced Senior Lab Tech with extraction experience to lead it’s accessioning function. This is a an opportunity with a growing company and one that offers the possibility for long term growth. This Senior Lab Tech will be responsible for coordinating and leading the Company’s sample accessioning and documentation efforts for patient specimen testing.
Key Things to Note:
- This is a lab-based position, 70% on the bench, 30% handling administrative lab duties and logistics. We seek a candidate open to a full-time on-site role.
- The Senior Lab Tech will be responsible for receiving and accessioning samples into the Laboratory Information System (LIMS).
- The Senior Lab Tech will assist with maintaining the laboratory inventory and procurement of reagents, consumables and other needed materials.
- This is an emerging setting in which processes and procedures are being developed and enhanced. We seek a flexible and innovative candidate, one who is interested in contributing to the growth of a department.
- Receive and accession samples into the LIMS
- Maintain laboratory inventory and procurement needs
- Work closely with the Lab Manager as it relates to receiving and accessioning samples.
- Update dashboards and systems as it relates to samples
- Perform routine equipment maintenance and upkeep
We seek a candidate with a 4 year degree in a Biological Science and 4+ years of experience with blood extraction, immune cell extraction, work with PBMC or accessioning in a laboratory setting.
Experience with the following will be important:
- Hands on laboratory experience, to include accessioning, extraction, reagent production and clinical sample processing
- Experience with cell and tissue culture
- Experience working cross functionally in a collaborative team setting.
In addition, we seek a highly diligent, detail-oriented and organized candidate with a strong compliance orientation and an extremely conscientious work style.
Finally, we seek a team player who will thrive in a fast paced and highly dynamic setting.
This is an immediate need. Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only.