Senior Property Manager, Commercial Real Estate – Pharma/Biotech (Will Relo/NC)
Our client, the preeminent leader in the life sciences real estate industry in the US, is significantly expanding its reach in the Research Triangle Park area of NC, which is an industry hub for Biotech/Pharma, AgTech, and other high-growth Life Science niches.
The company owns, operates, develops, and acquires best-in-class life science properties. The RTP area is thriving, and it is essential that the right people are in place to grow and manage this market. Finding the right Property Manager is a top priority at this time.
Company will offer industry-leading wage, plus generous benefits, bonus, relo, to attract and retain the right candidate - an exceedingly capable Property Manager with substantial knowledge of the intricacies and idiosyncrasies of building and managing Life Science properties.
Key Things to Note:
- The company focuses exclusively on highly specialized lab space used for research and development in the booming life science industry. These are clustered Class A properties that provide tenants with dynamic, collaborative and amenity-rich environments that enhance their ability to successfully retain world-class talent as well as inspire productivity, efficiency, creativity, and success.
- This Senior Property Manager will oversee a small team of real estate professionals that are managing portfolios of 1m – 1.5m RSF, leased by a single or multiple tenants. We seek candidates accustomed to managing properties of similar scale and design. Life Science and Class A is a must.
- This is an all-encompassing role involving:
- Property Operations
- Team Management
- Financial Management
- Lease/Legal Management
- Tenant and Life Science Community Relations
- Construction Management
Right candidate will bring broad knowledge and expertise as well as a track record of operational excellence, outstanding tenant relations, skilled financial management and a commitment to staff engagement, development and empowerment. We seek a thoughtful and impactful leader of people, project and process.
- This is a highly collaborative setting with a deep commitment to and expectation of excellence. This Senior Project Manager will regularly partner with colleagues in Legal, Marketing, Risk Management, Finance, Construction, Leasing, etc. as well as third party vendors for Maintenance, Engineering, etc.
We seek an experienced and savvy point-person with the demonstrated ability to engage and lead others to shared success.
This is a critical role. Successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual who exhibits a comprehensive understanding of property and portfolio financials and concepts, can develop and execute upon a strategic operating plan that is complementary to company strategy, and will work collaboratively with colleagues to deliver differentiated service and value to tenants, and help drive future growth.
Requirements include a BS/BA degree in related field as well as 10+ years of success in asset/property management including 2+ years’ experience with R&D laboratory facilities. Some background working for a commercial real estate developer is preferred.
Other priorities include:
· Strong people management skills
· Keen financial management skills
· Outstanding tenant relations skills
· Polished and engaging communication skills
· High technology aptitude
· Substantial knowledge of liability and legal issues in property management
· Experience with complex, highly technical commercial building system applications, including working knowledge of preventative maintenance database systems
· Understanding of laboratory HVAC systems. Knowledge of central plant operations a plus
· Experience with TI projects ranging from build-out of building shell space to complete renovations
· CCIM, CPM, RPA, LEED AP, or equivalent industry designation(s) preferred
Finally, we seek a self-directed and mission-driven go-getter; someone who anticipates issues, overcomes obstacles, initiates ideas, drives progress, stays positive, adds value and leads by example.
This position is on-site in NC. Seek local candidates or those interested in moving to the Raleigh-Durham areas.
This is an immediate need. Please forward resume for prompt consideration.