Senior Software Engineer (Full Stack) – Healthcare/Clinical Data
Our client, an RTP area company that provides real world clinical data solutions to pharmaceutical and other medical/healthcare research organizations, is actively recruiting for a highly skilled and versatile Senior Software Engineer to assume a key role on its team.
The client is seeking to improve the health and well-being of people through principled data science and building cloud-based analytic tools driven by the needs of collaborative research. This Senior Engineer will join a small IT team collaborating with the Scientists to solve important problems in medicine and public health.
Key things to note:
- This candidate will be a key contributor and help drive engineering designs and technology choices that enable a world-class user experience.
- Right candidate will bring the knowledge and innovation to drive the technical aspects of the work as well as the project management skills to lead and manage execution
- This is a highly collaborative role. Right candidate will be a team player who complements broad and deep software knowledge with the ability to communicate ideas and principles of software development to non-programmers.
- This is a Senior role on a small technical team in a flat organization. Candidate may be asked to support non-technical staff in other areas. Seeking a candidate who enjoys high visibility and wearing many hats.
The primary responsibilities of this Senior Engineer will be to:
- Build our data analytics web application using React, Node.js, Express, Redis, and MongoDB
- Build well-designed, quality, tested, and complete features, while following best practices
- Implement features and systems with scalability in mind
- Take ownership of your work from implementation to production
- Write automated tests at different levels of the code
- Mentor and advise junior software engineers and non-technical peers
Targeted candidate will offer a related degree and 7+ years of experience engineering a software product.
Other priorities/preferences include:
- Experience with building complex, scalable web-based applications
- Experience with the AWS suite of cloud services
- Experience with containerized systems (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with build systems (GitLab, Bamboo)
- Knowledge of Agile development practices
In addition, we seek an organized, flexible, resourceful, strategic, collaborative, overachiever who will bring ideas, energy and a desire to contribute every day. A lot is happening, and the company is growing. Seek smart, make-things-happen candidate who will grow with them.
This is a Direct Hire role and an immediate need. Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration.
Local candidates only.