Senior Statistician(R); Clinical/Healthcare/Real World Data – Direct Hire/Top $$
Our client, an RTP area firm that offers real world clinical data solutions to improve clinical, medical, and commercial outcomes, is actively recruiting for a top-notch Statistician, with substantial skill in R to assume key role on its team.
This company, an innovator in its approach to healthcare research, seeks to improve the health and well-being of people through principled data science.
It conducts disease-focused observational research studies using real world data gathered from clinical sites and other providers.
The software developers and data scientists, in collaboration with its clients, build cloud-based, web-deployed analytic tools driven by the needs of these studies. This Senior Statistician will work with both clients and internal teams to help evaluate and understand the data.
This will be a lead Statistician for the company. Company will pay generously to attract and retain the right candidate.
Specific duties will include:
- Serve as principal statistics contact to other departments with respect to statistical input into design, statistical analysis, reporting, and interpretation.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of new studies
- Write statistical analysis plans
- Assemble analytic data files using R-based tools that exploit various AWS technologies
- Conduct statistical analysis using R markdown and custom R-based analytic applications
- Maintain strict version control of analyses and documentation using Gitlab and Confluence
- Manage aspects of study planning, timelines, and resource requirements
- Oversee the work of junior statistical staff assisting on projects
- Contribute to the development of systems to ensure timely and cost-effective results
- Interact with external clients and colleagues as needed to assist in resolving questions and issues.
Targeted candidate will offer a Master’s degree in statistics or biostatistics and 5+ years of similar experience in statistics, ideally related to clinical and/or observational data. PhD with 2+ years will also be considered.
Other priorities include:
- Pharma/CRO experience preferred. Research/Academic bkgds using clinical/healthcare data also desirable
- Proficiency in R
- Some experience in epidemiological research and causal inference
- Excellent knowledge of statistical methodology and concepts
- Keen process-improvement mentality
- Acute problem-solving, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to independently manage statistical work on multiple projects
Further, we seek a skilled communicator and relationship-builder who brings an innate ability to explain complex statistical concepts to non-statisticians, including client personnel.
Finally, this is a dynamic, collaborative and mission-driven setting. Seek self-directed and extremely competent professional who stays focused on the goal and deftly overcomes barriers that develop.
This is an immediate need. Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates targeted at this time.