Senior/Project Accountant (Construction Management/Deltek) – RTP/Direct Hire
Our client, an RTP area program, project, and construction management firm in high growth mode, is actively recruiting for a sharp, versatile, and knowledgeable Accountant to assume key role on its Finance and Accounting team.
This is a hybrid role handling both General Accounting duties and Project Accounting duties. Seek broadly skilled candidate who enjoys tackling a wide variety of responsibilities.
Key Things to Note:
- Firm has experienced enormous growth, specifically within the thriving Life Sciences industry. As such, the volume and complexity of financial matters has also grown. Seek candidate with background in project-based accounting to handle tasks related to jobs/projects as well as general ledger and financial reporting duties.
- The Finance team is in the process of transitioning from QuickBooks to Deltek Vantagepoint software. Familiarity with both will be important.
- This Senior/Project Accountant will be a key deputy to the CFO. The role will begin as an independent contributor but offers the potential for supervisory duties in the near future. Seek highly competent candidate who enjoys hands-on work but is also ready to guide others.
- This organization is located in the RTP area and the position will be located on-site at the corporate office. Company follows strict COVID-safety protocols.
Specific duties will include:
- Set-up and maintain projects in Deltek Vantagepoint system
- Prepare client invoices during the monthly billing cycle
- Manage accounts receivable
- Manage accounts payable through bank ACH payment system and accounting system
- Complete bank reconciliations
- Ensure data integrity of accounting system
- Provide project reports and financial analyses monthly and as requested by Directors and Project Managers
- Update and maintain project budget/committed cost Excel spreadsheets
- Provide ad hoc support to the Directors and Project Managers related to contracts, billing, reporting, etc.
This is a Direct Hire position and an immediate need.
Targeted candidate will offer a BS in Accounting and 4+ years in similarly challenging Accounting/Financial roles, ideally in construction, engineering, architecture, or similar project-based industry. Other priorities include:
- Advanced level Excel
- Experience with Construction Accounting Systems; Deltek Vantagepoint strongly preferred
- Familiarity with QuickBooks
- Experience with project-based accounting
- Highly diligent, self-directed, focused, flexible, work style
- Longevity and growth in previous roles
Finally, we seek a candidate with excellent communication skills and a collaborative work style. A lot is happening, and we seek a can-do, go-getter who will jump in, get along and have immediate impact.
Please forward Word resume for prompt considerations. Local candidates only.