Service Desk Engineer (Tier 1) – Raleigh/Direct Hire
Our client, a UK based company that provides mobile technology solutions to a wide range of industries, is actively recruiting for a bright, industrious, and skilled candidate to join its new North American team based in Raleigh.
This Service Desk Engineer professional will aid the UK team in providing Tier I support to users and ensure proper IT system operations so that end users can accomplish organizational tasks with minimal interruptions.
Key things to Note:
- This is the first support position in the US that involve supporting both UK and North American users and leveraging time zone differences. Dependable, trusted, “get it done” mindset is needed.
- Position will begin remote, with possibility to become an onsite position as the US team expands.
- The company utilizes a Microsoft tech stack (Azure, Intune, Office 365, etc). Understanding of these technologies and tools will be important.
- Training will be provided and may require travel to the UK.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Responding to Customer Support requests via telephone, email and the Jira Portal.
- Troubleshoot and monitor low to high impact issues to ensure problem is resolved to completion and well documented.
- Provide detailed investigation steps followed before escalating to the Tier II team.
- Be able to assist with Office 365 administration and Microsoft Intune management for internal staff.
Targeted candidate will offer 2+ years of technical support experience.
Other priorities include:
- Experience troubleshooting Android, Apple, and Microsoft technologies
- Strong understanding of Microsoft SQL
- Experience with ticket management software such as Jira
- Knowledge of MDM solutions such as Microsoft Intune, Soti, or Samsung Knox, a plus
This IT Support professional will provide first line support to this broad constituency and we seek an energetic, knowledgeable and can-do professional who enjoys a point-person IT role.
Finally, we seek a self-starter and quick learner; someone who can switch gears readily, help where the help is needed and stay focused on the goal despite disruption, ambiguity and/or pace.
This is an immediate need and a Direct Hire opportunity.
Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only.