Site Reliability Engineer (IoT/DevOps) – Direct Hire/Remote
Our client, a Raleigh, NC company that provides best in class products for the industrial IOT market, is actively recruiting for a highly skilled and versatile Site Reliability Engineer to assume a key role on its team.
This client, who recently received Series A funding, deploys real-time cloud-based applications for factories and industrial facilities to drive innovation that positively impacts the customer’s bottom line.
The Engineer will be counted on to build and improve best in class products for the industrial IOT market.
Key things to note:
- This candidate will help to build and maintain functional systems that improve customer experience by executing and automating operational processes.
- This is a highly collaborative role. Right candidate will be a team player who complements broad and deep software knowledge with the ability to communicate ideas to continually improve all aspects of the software
- This is a small organization. Seeking a candidate who enjoys being a part of a high impact, high visibility part of a smaller team.
The primary responsibilities of this Engineer will be to:
· Implement and maintain highly automated customer and production Kubernetes environments
· Deploy, manage, and update AWS EKS clusters and resources via Terraform
· Utilize your deep experience and problem-solving skills to help prevent and investigate production issues
· Design and create CI/CD pipelines with GitHub Actions
· Assist developers and customers with Docker, Docker Compose and writing Docker files
· Assist developers and customers in writing and maintaining helm 3.0 charts
· Collaborate with customer IT to implement VPN connections for data extraction
Targeted candidate will offer a related degree and 4+ years of experience engineering a software product.
Other priorities/preferences include:
· Experience running Kubernetes clusters in production
· Experience supporting a PaaS, IaaS, DBaaS, etc.
· Understanding of monitoring technologies like Prometheus, ELK stack, Nagios, Zabbix, etc.
· Excellent knowledge on Linux/Unix
· Strong experience coding in Go, Python, Bash, etc
· Expertise with cloud security, understand the principle of least privilege or zero trust
· Experience with securing AWS resources with IAM configurations with knowledge of security groups and access controls
· Working understanding of networking fundamental
· Experience with CI/CD tools such as GitHub workflows, Jenkins or webhooks
In addition, we seek an organized, flexible, resourceful, strategic, collaborative, overachiever who will bring ideas, energy, and a desire to contribute.