Site Services/Maintenance Technician (Biotech) – 2nd Shift/Top $$
Seeking highly capable, knowledgeable and self-directed Facilities Maintenanceprofessional for great opportunity with a rapidly-expanding RTP area biotech.
The company has built a state-of-the-art facility to manufacture its portfolio of cutting-edge gene therapy products. They are in high growth mode, launching new product lines and starting a 2nd shift operation.
This Site Services Technician will be the go-to for all maintenance- and office move-related tasks. It is a ground floor opportunity, and we seek a go-getter who, in addition to a strong maintenance background, demonstrates the ability to work in a cGMP-regulated environment with personnel from Quality, Laboratories, IT, Finance, etc.
It is a critical role, and they will offer a very generous wage to retain the right person.
Things to Note:
- These are gene editing therapeutics to treat a host of life-threatening diseases. It is groundbreaking technology, and the equipment is state-of-the-art.
- The 2nd shift team will overlap with the 1st shift, with hours estimated at 3p – 11p daily. Some off-shift/weekend work may be required but it is expected to be limited.
- The site is regulated by cGMP guidelines. Strong preference for candidates coming from biotech or similarly-regulated manufacturing settings. Cleanroom experience is a plus.
- This is a collaborative and dynamic work environment. We seek a technician who can switch gears readily and who, while independent and self-directed, has a team-oriented mindset.
- General maintenance tasks, including painting, patching, furniture assembly, and office moves.
- Coordinating vendors for site services tasks, including janitorial and pest control.
- Assisting with response to issues with equipment, office amenities, appliances, lighting, etc.
- Assisting with response to 2nd shift utility alarms.
- Ensuring adequate spare parts inventory for site services assets.
- Supporting CapEx and Process Improvement project initiatives.
- Participate in on-call rotation with members of the Facility Maintenance team.
Targeted candidate will offer a degree and/or certifications in related discipline and 4+ years of maintenance/facilities/trades experience. Strong preference for biotech, pharma, or medical device manufacturing bkgds. Cleanroom a plus.
Other priorities include:
- Versatility and solutions-orientation
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to plan, adhere to deadlines, and adapt quickly to changing circumstances.
- Engaging communication style with a “how can I help? demeanor
- Computer systems literacy
- Track record of longevity and impact in previous roles
This is an immediate need and a Direct Hire role. Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates targeted.