(Sr) Manager, Accounting/Advisory (IPO Prep, Technical Accounting, M&A) – Remote/Top $$
This is an outstanding opportunity for candidates from Big 4 firms who thrive in a client service, technically-challenging setting but prefer analytical and strategic work.
Our client is an international firm that was founded by former Big 4 accountants who had a vision of building a top-notch financial and accounting consulting firm comprised of Big 4 (or 6 or 8) accountants who no longer wanted to work in audit but enjoy the financial management work.
The firm is thriving. There has been tremendous demand and the growth is explosive. If you are a current or former Big 4 accountant (any practice) who would be interested in this shift, we would love to talk with you.
Engagements include (amongst many others):
- Financial Analysis and Reporting, including SEC
- IPO prep
- Technical Accounting
- Due Diligence
- SOX compliance
- Risk management
- New ASC Accounting Standards
- etc. etc. etc.
This Manager will supervise multiple engagement teams and be a key client contact. The firm is looking to hire several more people. Compensation will be generous.
Other Things to Note:
- These are remote positions. Offices are located in Charlotte, Philadelphia, DC and others.
- CPA/MBA preferred but not required. Several years with a Big 4 firm is a must.
- Overtime is kept to a minimum, and paid.
- Managers lead project teams on all aspects of engagement including guiding technical/complex accounting treatment, directing analyses, report writing, developing and managing client relationships, etc. These are multifaceted roles that require SME financial skills complemented by superb client service and project management skills.
- Minimal travel is involved.
- Integrate with client’s senior management to solve complex accounting issues and for preparation of resolutions.
- Drive client deliverables of financial and regulatory information in accordance with SEC and regulatory requirements (e.g. 10K’s, 10Q’s, S-1 and S-4 filings, audit coordination).
- Review work prepared by staff on operational due diligence for complex transactions (e.g. acquisitions & divestitures, stock offerings and debt raises, IPO’s).
- Serve as SME on projects related to new ASC accounting standards (e.g. ASC 842, ASC 606). Research and document as needed.
- Participate in the firm’s recruiting efforts, client relationship building and business development efforts.
- Lead and mentor staff fostering engagement team professional growth and providing constructive and actionable feedback.
- Process improvement projects and implementation of changes.
Targeted candidates will offer an Accounting degree and 5+ years of accounting and financial management experience including 3+ years in a Big 4 firm. Strong knowledge of US GAAP and SEC Reporting assumed and important.
Other priorities include;
- Developmental supervisory skills
- Proactive and smart project management skills
- Keen analytical ability
- Superb client service skills
- Strong technical aptitude and proficiency; Expert Excel assumed and required
- Congenial, team-oriented work style
- Unwavering commitment to quality
Finally, we seek a quick study who will readily acclimate to new projects and demonstrate the ability to add value and insight. This is a great company with a great culture. We seek exceedingly sharp and capable go-getters who will contribute broadly and significantly. Rewards will be substantial.
Please forward resume for prompt consideration.