Sr Project Manager/Program Director (Emerging Biotech/Agriculture) – Top $$/Direct Hire
Our client, an early-stage and well-funded agricultural biotech in the RTP area, is actively recruiting for an exceedingly sharp candidate to assume key role on its Portfolio Management team.
Client is open to both Project Manager and Program Director candidates. Both would lead projects from discovery through late-stage fields trials and regulatory efforts. Company will pay industry-leading wage to attract the skilled and driven candidate it needs for this role.
Key Things to Note:
- This company is reimagining crop protection by applying its proprietary technology to develop cleaner, healthier and more precise solutions to control weeds, insects and disease. The company is backed by major players in the agricultural realm and has engaged industry veterans and experts at its helm.
- This Manager/Director will lead the planning, monitoring and closing phases of discovery and product development projects to facilitate smooth and timely project completion. This is the lead collaborator and we seek a candidate who will readily garner the respect and cooperation of a broad range of constituents.
- Company employs Project Management Best Practices and relies heavily on technology to manage projects, communicate information, provide shared access, etc. Familiarity with Waterfall, Agile, and Scrum approaches as well as SmartSheet, Gantt Charts, etc. will be important.
- This is a science-driven company and endeavor. Right candidate will complement outstanding Project Management skills with strong scientific core.
- This is a start-up setting in which policies, practices and procedures are being developed, enhanced and reconsidered. Seek strategic and tactical candidate who will plan for the expected, adapt to the unexpected and reason through the ambiguous. Process improvement mindset will be important.
- This position will be in the company’s RTP area offices. Schedule flexibility and remote options are offered.
This company is developing safe and sustainable agricultural products and this Project Manager/Program Director will be instrumental in ensuring its success. Role will focus on:
- Organizing programs and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the organization
- Developing and advocating for new programs to support the strategic direction of the organization
- Creating and aligning the organization’s activities with long-term goals
- Supporting the Controller in building and assessing resourcing and a budget/operating plan for the company’s programs.
Specific duties will include:
- In partnership with project team, develop and manage a detailed project work plan to efficiently track and connect activities among internal departments, including Chemistry, Biology, and Data Science
- Set PM standards with Waterfall, Agile, and Scrum approaches; establish and support PM processes, charters, gates, WBS, project plan templates, and reporting dashboards
- Independently manage projects, with continuous monitoring of pipelines, timelines, and resources
- Provide transparency & visibility across all stakeholders with clear communication of status, issues, and risks
- Schedule meetings, record meeting minutes, and ensure timely execution of action items
- Coordinate resources, materials, and priorities among multiple projects and carry out tasks for each managed project in the most efficient manner
- Work collaboratively within and across different departments, participate actively in all discussions, and think creatively about solutions to challenging problems
Targeted candidate will offer a BS in scientific field (advanced degree preferred) and 5+ years in agriculture or other Life Sciences industry, with significant experience in discovery or development Project Management roles.
Other priorities include:
- Familiarity with Project Management Best Practices and available tools including practical experience with Waterfall, Agile, and Scrum approaches
- Demonstrated ability to drive process improvement initiatives and coordinate resources from diverse groups
- Technological inclination; Fluency with Office 365 (e.g., Teams, PowerPoint, Excel), and project and workflow management software such as Smartsheet
- Acute critical thinking skills; solutions-orientation
- Outstanding (nuanced, thoughtful, thorough, timely, persuasive) communication skill, including excellent judgment about how and when to communicate what messages and to whom. Ability to gain consensus
- Record of impact, achievement and growth
Finally, we seek a candidate who will thrive in this high-expectations, empowered, mission-driven setting; someone who is forward-thinking, industrious, resourceful, focused, pragmatic and fully prepared to help wherever the help is needed.
This is an immediate need. Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. NC candidates targeted.