Staff Accountant (Global Company) – Direct Hire/Morrisville
Our client, a global provider of industrial products with a large team at its Morrisville facility, is actively recruiting for a bright, capable and motivated Staff Accountant to join its Accounting team.
This company manufactures products for the construction, disaster restoration, automotive and other industries, and is a worldwide leader in its field. The Accounting team handles financial matters for multiple facilities, and they have a great group. They are seeking to hire another Staff Accountant who combines a strong foundation in Accounting with a team-oriented and congenial work style.
If you or someone you know would be interested, we would be eager to talk with you. It is an important role and compensation will be generous.
Key Things to Note:
- This is a full-time, direct hire position. Daytime schedule flexibility is available.
- The position will be on-site at the company’s Morrisville location.
- It is a broad-based role with a focus on month-end close, account reconciliations, financial reporting as well as budget and cost accounting support. Some experience in manufacturing would be a plus but is not required.
- The company uses Great Plains but is implementing a new ERP system. Seek tech-savvy candidates who will be able to help with the transition.
- Volume is high. We seek a candidate who maintains high quality of work despite high quantity.
- Position will require regular interface with plant personnel to research questions or discrepancies. Seek Accountant who enjoys a collaborative role.
The primary functions within the role are to maintain financial records and reports, perform account reconciliations, and assist with budget and close processes.
- Maintaining financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts
- Preparing journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations
- Assisting with monthly close processes
- Contributing to the development and review of annual operating budgets and performance projections
- Performing monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Backup for processing daily/weekly foreign wires and updating cash sheet
- Processing expense reports for reimbursement and non-reimbursement (corporate cards)
- Responding to information requests, reviewing financial statements, and assisting with audits
- Assisting with physical inventory counts
- Assisting in setting up new inventory items and Bill of Materials (BOM) in ERP system
- Assisting in ensuring standard cost are accurate and helping prepare standard cost rolls as needed
Targeted candidate will offer a related degree and 2+ years of Accounting experience, including tasks noted above. Experience in manufacturing and/or cost accounting would be a plus.
Other priorities include:
- Strong understanding and application of GAAP
- Keen attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and reconciliation skills
- Strong technical skills including Excel and ERP systems
- Great collaboration skills
Finally, we seek a high energy, upbeat team player who is flexible, can-do and reliable. There is a lot to do, and we seek a quick study who is ready and eager to contribute.
Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates targeted.