Staff Accountant, Project Management/Construction (Pharma) - Deltek Required/Direct Hire
Our client, an RTP area construction and project management firm that services the life science industries (labs, cGMP manufacturing, etc.), is actively recruiting for an exceedingly bright and motivated Accountant to join its Finance and Accounting team.
This firm manages complex, technical, multi-faceted projects for pharmaceutical, device, biotech and agbio companies. The projects have a wide range of accounting challenges, and the activity can be voluminous. The Staff Accountant will be trained in the complexities of this work and will have tremendous growth potential.
It is a great foot in the door opportunity with a rapidly expanding company.
Key Things to Note:
- Firm provides construction, project management and design services its clients. Experience in construction, facilities or similar project-based industry preferred.
- This will be a broad-based role focusing on A/P, A/R, billing, reconciliations, etc. Seek versatile and can-do accountant - a quick study who is eager to contribute.
- Team uses Deltek and Excel extensively. Experience with Deltek Vantagepoint (or Vision) and advanced Excel skills will be critical.
- This is an entrepreneurial organization. It is fast-paced and highly dynamic. The workload is heavy. Right candidate will bring a flexible work style, a high degree of resourcefulness and the ability to find solutions despite ambiguity and/or complexity.
- Position will be on-site at RTP offices to start, with possibility of hybrid schedule later.
- Receive, process, verify, and reconcile the payment of vendor invoices
- Work with vendors to resolve past due invoices and reconcile monthly vendor statements
- Set-up new vendors/firms ensuring all tax and insurance related paperwork is complete
- Work with Project Managers to prepare and submit customer invoices in accordance with customer’s documentation needs
- Record customer payments and transactions
- Research customer discrepancies and past-due amounts with the Project Managers
- Set-up new customers/firms ensuring all tax and insurance related paperwork is complete
- Set-up projects and process change orders as needed
- Complete monthly bank reconciliations
- Assist in monthly closing process
- Complete monthly employee utilization tracking and reporting
- Maintain electronic filing system for all accounts, statements, payments, etc.
Targeted candidate will offer a BS in Accounting and 1+ years in similarly challenging Accounting/Financial roles, ideally in construction, engineering, architecture, or similar project-based industry.
Other priorities include:
- Experience with Deltek Vantagepoint required
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Advanced level Excel
- Experience with project-based accounting
- Highly diligent, self-directed, focused, flexible, work style
Finally, we seek a candidate with excellent communication skills and a collaborative work style. A lot is happening, and we seek a can-do, go-getter who will jump in, get along and have immediate impact.
This is a Direct Hire role and an immediate need.
Please forward resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only.