Staff Accountant/AP Specialist (Will Train) – NC Pharma/Top $$
Our client, an RTP area pharmaceutical firm in high growth mode, is actively recruiting for a very bright and capable Accountant to join its Financial team as an AP Specialist.
While role will focus on broad and complex AP duties (detailed further below) this Accountant will also be involved in other financial functions including Inventory Reconciliations, Bank Reconciliations and Expense Reports.
Compensation will be generous.
Other Things to Note:
- Company is expanding rapidly both organically and through acquisition. Seek candidate who will thrive in a growing and dynamic environment.
- This Staff Accountant will support 3 divisions and volume is high. Seek candidate who will maintain quality despite quantity.
- Many purchases are contracts-based. Seek AP professional who brings some experience with contracts and POs.
- The company uses Excel extensively and Excel fluency is needed. Concur and SAP (or similar ERP system) would be valuable.
- This is an interactive role that will involve regular interface with other teams/departments. Seek Accountant with a congenial and collaborative style.
- This is a hybrid position with flexible schedules.
- Process Accounts Payable for assigned entities and vendors
- Verify accuracy of invoices and GL codes
- Reference contract and/or purchase order as needed
- Process invoices for payment (ensure bills are paid in a timely and accurate manner)
- Match check with appropriate backup
- Maintain clean documentation and filing system
- Review automatic payments to ensure correct coding and authorization as well as sufficient contracts and documentation
- Establish and maintain relationships with new and existing vendors
- Process expense reports using Concur
- Ensure compliance with company policies
- Follow up with employees on exceptional items
- Review daily inventory activity for accuracy; record as appropriate in SAP
- Monitor account balances, track expenses, prepare analyses of accounts and related financial activity to produce monthly financial reports
Targeted candidate will offer a degree in Accounting (BS preferred) and 1+ years of similar Accounting/AP work in a highly professional, corporate environment (pharma, a plus). Top Recent Grads will be considered if they have AP experience from internships, etc.
Other priorities include:
- Keen attention to detail and compliance
- Advanced Excel needed; SAP and Concur a plus
- Strong organizational skills
- Congenial work style
- Record of achievement
Finally, we seek a team player who will thrive in this dynamic and entrepreneurial setting. A lot is happening, and the future is very bright. We seek a go-getter who is ready and able to contribute.
Please forward resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates targeted.