Student Center Supervisor/Educator – Cary (Former Coaches, Teachers, Troop Leaders, etc. Welcome)
Our client, a Cary-based independent school that is highly respected for its forward-thinking, experiential learning opportunities, is actively recruiting for a very sharp, versatile and capable individual to assume key role on its instructional support faculty team.
This is a Direct Hire position, with expected start date of August 1, 2023. Recruiting is beginning now for the upcoming school year.
The school runs a student center, “the Hub,” that includes a campus store, a café and other student services. The Hub is fully staffed by students, who are participating in an Experiential Learning program.
This Supervisor/Educator will train, manage, mentor and evaluate the students. While it is a learning lab, and an interest in education would be important, we are not requiring a teaching bkgd or degree. Primarily we seek a skilled supervisor who is “a natural” at developing rapport with teens. Experience as a coach, camp counselor, teacher, troop leader, etc. would be valuable. Any experience in retail and/or café would also be helpful.
Other Things to Note:
· This Supervisor will oversee all aspects of the store/café including custom orders, inventory control, closing out registers, barista duties, facility cleanliness, etc. We seek a candidate who takes ownership. Training on all tasks will be provided.
· This Supervisor will also be involved in supporting other Hub activities including community engagement, DEI events, civic activities, etc. Seek candidate who loves to get involved.
· Role will include some financial duties such as purchasing, sales reconciliations, etc. Ideal candidate will have some financial acumen.
· This is a highly interactive role – with students, faculty, customers, etc. We seek an outgoing and engaging candidate who enjoys customer service.
· This school is highly committed to diversity, inclusion and equity. Seek candidate who embraces and champions these efforts.
This is a Direct Hire role, on-site (in Cary) and scheduled at 8a – 4:45p daily (M-F). It is scheduled to start in July 2023, but hiring is happening now. BA/BS and ability to pass thorough bkgd check is required.
If you or someone you know would be interested in this role, we would be eager to connect with you.
Please forward resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only.