Supply Chain Specialist (Biotech/COVID Vaccines) – Contract to Start/Top $$
Our client, a RTP area biotech that is developing several plant-based vaccines to treat COVID and other illnesses, has an immediate need for a very sharp and capable Supply Chain Specialist to join its team.
This is a contract position, expected to last 6 months, or longer. Pay will be generous. If you or someone you know would be interested in this role, we would be eager to speak with you.
Position will involve overseeing a wide range of supply chain/inventory management activities including sourcing/onboarding alternate materials, coordinating with vendors on delivery of materials, working with planning to determine impact of material delays, etc.
Specific duties include:
- Coordinate with procurement to confirm delivery delays and source alternate materials.
- Draft and manage quality events associated with onboarding alternate materials.
- Follow up with vendors on critical material delivery dates to ensure on time delivery.
- Follow and enforce the site safety procedures.
- Work in ERP to improve systems and troubleshoot errors.
- Project-based work on an as-needed basis within the supply chain/planning realm.
Targeted candidate will offer a related degree and 2+ years of Supply Chain experience including planning, procurement, and inventory control tasks. Strong preference for candidates with GMP/life sciences bkgd.
Other priorities include:
- Experience with ERP systems, technically inclined
- Strong technical writing (deviation investigations, change controls, and corrective actions)
- Excellent juggling and project management skills
- Good communication skills, ability to collaborate with internal customers and vendors
- Familiar with the procure to pay process
- Must be able to work safety and follow standard operating procedures.
Finally, we seek a conscientious and detail-oriented team player with a very strong work ethic and a desire to assist others. A lot is happening. We seek a go-getter who is ready and able to contribute.
This is an immediate need. Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only.