Valuation Manager, Portfolio Companies (Remote) – Top $$
Our client, an NC-based firm that provides financial and operations support services to its venture capital and private equity fund clients is actively recruiting for an exceedingly capable candidate to join its Valuations team.
The focus of this role is to provide valuations of clients’ early-stage venture capital- or private equity-backed portfolio companies for financial reporting, compliance, strategic and/or benchmarking purposes.
This is a critical, value-add service that the company provides for its clients. Company will pay excellent wage to attract and retain the skilled and knowledgeable analyst they seek.
Key Things to Note:
- This is a remote, work-from-home position and the client is open to candidates from throughout the US. Ability to visit Raleigh office on a semi-regular basis is preferred.
- This is complex work involving the analysis of capital structures, revenue streams, legal agreements, etc. Seek candidate with bkgd performing similar analyses. Advanced modeling skills assumed and required.
- This Manager will supervise one Analyst. Some supervisory or team lead experience will be important.
- This Manager will regularly interface with clients and executives. Right candidate will complement astute analytical skills and business savvy with superb communication and presentation skills.
- MBA/CPA are desirable. Valuation credential (CFA, ASA, ABV, CVA, etc.) is required.
- Oversee all valuation efforts for portfolio companies including (as needed) option pricing models, complex capital structures, contractual obligations, revenue streams, etc.
- Conduct research and extract relevant information using a variety of valuation sources
- Create allocation models based on interpretation of relevant legal agreements
- Update valuation models for changes in capital structure or technique inputs
- Oversee report portfolio performance reporting as well as Valuation Memoranda
- Provide training, coaching and supervision to Valuation Analyst
- Manage client relationships. Provide valuation education and guidance to clients as needed
- Stay abreast of developments in the Valuation industry. Champion a Best Practices approach in the company.
Targeted candidate will offer a related degree (MBA desirable) and 5+ years of valuations-related experience including some bkgd valuing venture-backed portfolio companies (or similar). CPA/Accounting bkgd is a plus. Valuation credential is a must.
Other priorities include:
- Advanced modeling skills
- Experience creating option pricing models (Lattice and Black-Scholes)
- Experience valuing complex capital structures (preferred stock, convertible debt, warrants, profit interests, etc.)
- Strong project and business management skills
- Superb client service skills
- Keen business savvy
- Exceptional communication skill – both written and verbal
- Longevity and achievement in prior roles
Finally, we seek a versatile and self-directed candidate who will thrive in this dynamic and fast-growing setting. A lot is happening and the future is very bright. We seek a contributor who is ready and eager to make an impact.
This is an immediate need. Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration.